Sunday, August 14, 2011

How can i get off tramadol ultram safely and without experiencing withdrawal?

Toomsboro<br/>
I was prescribed Ultram about seven years ago at 50 mg 1-2 tablets p. o. b. i.d. to t. i.d. From time to time I have been as high as 4 p. o. b. i.d., then have gone back down as stress became less. I have had a few instances where I have run out and I have been absolutely miserable with chills, cold sweats, shakes, weakness, pain, numbness, tingling, dizziness, nausea, diarrhea and headaches. I was unable to do anything except try to sleep, but couldn't even do that until I fell asleep out of exhaustion. I really want to be off this medication as I feel out of control and like a drug addict when I can't get it. How can I get off of it without experiencing the horrible withdrawal?<br/>
<br/>
Myrtle<br/>
Talk to your doctor. (Unless you want to go to a detox program.) Tell your doctor honestly what is going on and that you want to get off the Ultram. Tell the doctor you have heard about using Clonodine (it's a blood pressure pill) for withdrawals and would he/she prescribe that for you? It really takes the withdrawal symptoms away. Normal dose for withdrawal is.2 mg every 6 hours. Or they can put you on a Clonodine patch. They use this all the time in detox. Good luck.<br/>
<br/>
Brookhaven<br/>
I have taken <b>tramadol</b> years ago not anymore easing its been at minutest 10yrs ago. When i got off them i was fine!!!!! Im hearing all these horrible stories about the social as semblage equip well desert scaring people!!!!!!! It is not bad at tot~y so knock it off with the abomination stories! Thank God im drug free!!! Report Abuse<br/>
<br/>
Wharton<br/>
Thats really strange because Ultram is non-narcotic, and was designed specifically as a non-addictive pain medication. You have been on it for a long time though and I suspect it might be a little more than just a physical addiction. You should talk to your doc and see what he can do for you. Were you taking these for stress? Why? These are supposed to be prescribed as pain medication...........I've taken them in the past, as has my wife, who is currently taking them for pain. Different strokes for different docs, I guess........ <br/>
<br/>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive